Ok so rather than make a rant about staff or hear all the complaints ingame about staff not having boundaries here is the official list of staff guidelines that all staff members have to follow. The reason this is posted here is so that they average player can see how we run the server and what is expected.
6 Comments / 7 Likes
1.) Be neutral in all situations - Staff should never choose sides in disagreements and should always come up with the best way to handle the situation.
2.) Being staff is a privilege - Following staff rules and using common sense/morals is what makes a good staff member. If you have ever been grounded growing up realize that stuff given can easily be taken away.
3.) It is not about you - Being staff is about the server and about the players, if you enjoy doing stuff that benefits just you then maybe this isnt the staff team for you.
4.) Command usage - Staff get access to numerous commands unavailable to the everyday player and are allowed to use these commands with responsibilty. Abusing this responsibility can result in loss of certain commands, demotion, even being banned.
These are the big 4 rules of staff, from here on out this is what the server is to rely on in terms of guidelines for our staff members in order to handle their roles professionally.
Lastly here is a list of things that I have personally noticed in-game, you be the judge but this is an official list of things gathered over a few months concerning staff abuse of players and commands.
From now on there will be:
- no more using /broadcast to share personal plot information.
- no calling out players for faults without solid proof. Must have pic for evidence.
- State full reason of tempban or ban when typing in the ban (for records when checking for a reason to unban)
- Mods must answer questions of players, this is not the job of admins.
- Admins cannot abuse their rights and powers, you worked hard to get to Admin don't blow it.
- No more complaining about your fellow staff members, we are a team. Let's figure it out together. If this doesnt work for you then maybe you are not the right fit for staff.
That about sums up everything. Feel free to comment, but as stated this is pretty much finalized. Thanks for reading